About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Irina. Just living the life with my husband, James and our two kids, Isabelle and Austin. Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you get a good laugh outta it! ;o)

Friday, February 25, 2011

Talk about carbolicious.....

So this evening I made some Cougar Gold Mac & Cheese.  We bought the 1lb. tin of Cougar Gold last October for $20 at Costco.  That's a pretty darn good deal considering a tin starts at $32 at our local QFC.  Seriously, that's like the price of a pair of Tiny TOMS for Austin.  Who doesn't love mac & cheese, right?!  And anyone can make boxed mac & cheese.  Good grief - I make it at least 3 times a week for the kiddos.  Then there's Velveeta Mac.  Yeah, yeah - so it freaking looks like plastic cheese sauce.  But sometimes you gotta get that fix in.  Kinda like Spam....  (But that's another blog for another day!)  I had some Garlic-Herbed chicken marinating for the last 24 hours - threw that under the broiler.  I smelled GOOD in here!  While that was cooking I got the water boiling for the macaroni, 7 minutes later it was done.  I busted into my Cougar Gold reserves and shredded some of that precious gold.  I got some cheese sauce going, mixed it up with some cheesy goodness, threw it in the oven and VOILA!!  Dinner is DONE!!  Check it out, yo........  Don't drool over your keyboards, friends.

 xoxo ~ Irina
 I give you Cougar Gold Mac & Cheese.

Our meal plated ready to go out.
My plate.  
You like how the mac & cheese out-portions the green beans?

6 comments:

  1. I love that I can tell whose plate is whose in the one of all 4 of them =} Oh and YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. Dinner was delicious - YUM!! The kids weren't into it. I guess they're use to the bright orange stuff!! But Austin was totally digging the chicken *and* beans. HOORAY!! And poor Belle might be sicky - again. She wasn't up to her mischievous self this evening. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. - Kerri, I love how you know us so well!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i am so sick of the cold. thanks for being my biggest blog fan ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this? YUM! Love Cougar Gold, love Mac & Cheese. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete